PICKERING BROOK SPORTS CLUB
Member’s Code of Conduct
As a Club operated primarily by volunteers for the benefit of its members, all members of the Pickering Brook Sports Club have an individual and collective responsibility to contribute in a positive way to the operations of their Club.
The Pickering Brook Sports Club Member’s Code of Conduct applies equally to members and their guests, including players from other clubs visiting the Pickering Brook Sports Club for sporting competitions and social functions.
On the club grounds
1. Players must display respect to their team mates, and opponents, and play the game within their sports governing body Laws and/or Conditions of Play, to the highest degree of sportsmanship and honesty.
2. Players will not engage in offensive or abusive language, dissent, conduct unbecoming, or actions which would bring the game of their sport or the Club into disrepute.
3. Spectators will conduct themselves in a manner that ensures that players are not distracted.
Within The Clubhouse
1. Members, family and guests are encouraged to enjoy the hospitality of the club without fear of acts of discrimination, racial vilification or verbal abuse.
2. Members, family and guests will ensure that the comfort of other patrons is not unreasonably disturbed.
3. Members, family and guests will respect other patrons and will conduct themselves in a manner that will not cause offense.
4. Abusive or offensive language is not permitted within the clubhouse or its surrounds.
5. Members, family and guests, when consuming alcohol, will do so responsibly, and will accept any staff or licensee decision to amend behaviour or discontinue the serving of alcohol without complaint.
Neat dress standards are important. Prior to 6pm, members visiting the Club from work in the trades may wear work clobber but should present themselves as neatly as possible. Singlets are not permitted.
Smoking – refer to Tobacco Products Control Act (2009)
1. Smoking is not permitted in the clubhouse or within five (5) metres of any entrance. Smoking is not permitted on any areas where competitions are being played under the auspices of the respective sport governing bodies.
2. Smokers must dispose of butts correctly and empty ashtrays regularly.
3. Members are to respect the rights of other members who wish to smoke in allowable areas.
1. All club references in social media postings, blogs, status updates and tweets will be treated as public ‘comment’. No statements should be made that are misleading, false or likely to injure a person’s reputation or bring our club into disrepute.
2. Any abusive, discriminatory, intimidating, misleading or offensive statements will not be tolerated. Offending posts will be removed and those responsible will be blocked from the site.
3. When sharing information or posting material on public websites connected to the club, members must follow the following guidelines for electronic communication:
• It should be restricted to club matters
• It must not offend, intimidate, humiliate or harass another person
• It must not be misleading, false or injure the reputation of another person
• It should respect and maintain the privacy of members
• It must not bring the club into disrepute.
4. Members who send inappropriate electronic communication or post online content or comments that harass, offend, intimidate or humiliate another member may be found in breach of the Member’s Code of Conduct and as a result may be liable for a claim of misconduct, under the Club Constitution.
1. All members must follow the Club Constitution and By-laws to handle any disputes with another member or with the management committee of the Club.
2. Any member dispute in which the management committee, in good faith, determine to be detrimental to the club and/or the enjoyment of the club by other members, will be dealt with under the disciplinary procedures provided for in the Club Constitution. This includes but is not limited to: Actions resulting in claims of bullying/harassment; physical altercations; and discriminatory behaviour.
The President and Committee of the Pickering Brook Sports Club may take any action considered necessary on occasion of a reported breach of this Code of Conduct. Such action may include referral to the relevant sports governing body or related sporting association if the Committee deems this appropriate. Any member found in breach of this Code of Conduct may be liable for a claim of misconduct, under the Club Constitution.
Members must also abide by the Club Code of Conduct, which includes Responsible Service of Alcohol.